1. Check out their recommendations online. Do they have more recommendations than most other agents in their area. Get the names and numbers of their former Buyer Clients that you can call for a reference and a list of the properties they have sold as a Buyer’s Agent.
2. Confirm their local real estate experience. Make sure they are full-time, successful agents who know your marketplace with years of experience. Many agents are part-time and don’t have a full understanding of the current market. Ask them exactly what they will do for you and what you should expect from them. Make sure they fulfil your expectations. They should be a really good listener and a great negotiator.
3. How many clients do they work with? They may be a “turn and burn” agent who just wants to get the deal done! Your Realtor needs to be willing to ask questions, listen to your request, and help you to focus your search on homes and areas that are going to appeal to you. Some agents will show you EVERY home on the market. This is a waste of your time. They already should be clueing into your needs to make sure you are only seeing the best valued properties that meet your needs.
4. Do they have a blog that includes both local information and current market reports? This will be a quick way for you to bring yourself up to speed on the real estate market in that area.
5. Do they have a team of professionals that will help you along the way? They should have trusted Mortgage Brokers, Inspectors, Transaction Coordinators, Escrow Officers, and Contractors. Legally you can use whomever you want. However, most buyers don’t have a team of professionals that can help them along the way. As a Concierge Realtor, I will handle all the details so you can focus on the important decisions about buying your luxury home in the North Lake Tahoe area. Buying a home should be a dream not a nightmare. Make sure you pick the best agent for you.
For more information on how I serve my clients as a North Lake Tahoe Concierge Realtor, please click here.
Selling Tahoe Real Estate is unique. Most of the homes I sell are 2nd home or vacation rental properties. Staging is an essential part of the selling process if you want to sell your home quickly and for the highest possible price. The longer a home sits on the market the lower it will sell for.
1. Make an Excellent First Impression. The outside must be clear of winter debris and pine needles. We often come upon a home that has pine needles and a dirty mat at the front door. It looks like no one cares about the property. Guess what.. The buyer won’t care either.
2. Have the Home Professionally Cleaned including the Windows. Many of the homes have sat for years. There are cobwebs and dirty windows. Not to mention that bathrooms of floors. Clean windows helps the buyer to enjoy the light and the beauty of Tahoe around your home.
4. Make sure all the lights blubs work! You may need to bring in extra lighting. NO one likes a dark home!
5 . Ask me to come and evaluate your home. There is no charge for this. I can give you staging ideas. I can also bring in a professional stager, in my option a excellent investment. The Stager can usually stage your home for less than it will cost you to buy all the items you need. The home must look like a Tahoe Cabin, not a home in Arizona or Napa home. It must Scream MOUNTAIN HOME!!!!
Over my many years of selling Tahoe real estate from Single Family Homes to Cabins to Lots with views. I’ve found a team of Tahoe professionals I rely on to help my clients either with remodels or new construction.
Naturally since they are part of my Tahoe team, they always give the best service to my clients, so please make sure they know you are working with me.
1. Elise Fett (775) 833-3388, email@example.com
2. Gary McKelvey (530) 581-0238
1. Matt Webb (530) 581-2599, firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Blair Wallace 916-207-3065 Blairgwallace@gmail.com
Home Owner Liaison with the TRPA
1. Jan Brisco 530 583 6882
Mountain Interior Designer
1. Sue Pipal (530) 320-2922 email@example.com
A borrower has many choices when it comes to financing. I have worked with many lenders over the years. My local lenders have a reputation with me, and an incentive to keep my clients happy. If you don’t have a steller experience with my lender, I won’t be referring them again.
Prior to deciding on an out of town lender I recommend you call my local lender, Katie and Victoria of the Rice Conway Group. Visit their website for the latest information on loans.
Reasons you should use a local Tahoe/Truckee lender?
1. They have competitive financing
2. They know the second home market of North Lake Tahoe Truckee and have the best loan programs for second homes
3. They know the tricky unique properties in the area and are pro-active in the appraisal process
5. They are trusted and have strong relationship with our local vendors, such as title companies and local title officers. This is especially important should favors be needed to get items handled quickly.
6. They personally know most agents involved in the transaction. This allows for open communication which allows for a smoother transaction to occur.
7. They can be at signings if a Buyer requests and walk Buyers through the documents
8. We have their cell phones and know where they live! I can contact them should I have any last minute hiccups that need to be addressed.
9. They are referral based I would not recommend them if they did not do a good job on the last transaction.
Sasha’s List Concierge Home Service Providors and their contact info.
If you’re looking to have a major remodel, addition to your home, have an emergency repair, or just need some updating here are the contracts I’ve been referred to or have used myself. If you have someone you highly recommend. Please contact me.
General Contractor Projects both big and small:
Blair Wallace 916-207-3065 firstname.lastname@example.org
Andreas Rickenbach (530 412-0503).
Interior Degisner: Sue Pipal Dragonfly Designs: 530-320-2922 email@example.com ttp://dragonflydesigns.zzn.com/zlog/writeblog.asp?UserID=12534836&Cat_ID=111439&postID=112298
Caretaker/Property Manager/ Estate Executive: Call Sasha for a personal recommendation 530-386-0302
Carpet Cleaning: French Kiss (530) 583-2445
Viking Care (530) 581-1022
Electrician: Phil with Tahoe City Electric 530-583-6141
Housekeeping: Armando 775-345-4404
Painter: John Merryfield 583-6190
Plumbers; Brian Lampman 530-581-3550
North Lake Plumbing Ken 530-583-2478
Hoffman Plumbing 530-525-6061
Tree Removal for Home Safety
Brian Rye with Bushwackers 530-546-8307
Tahoe Bear Box Co.
Snow Removal for Decks and Roof
Busto’s Snow Removal Fernanado 530-277-7465
Derek McKeeman 775-815-4681
Window washer: Pat with High Sierra 530-550 1370 http://www.highsierrawindows.com/
Surveyor: Matt Webb: http://www.webblandsurveying.com/ 530-581-2599
Jan Brisco Home Owner Liason with TRPA 530 583 6882
Architect; Gary McKelvey 530-581-0238
Elise Fett Archeitech/Engineer: http://www.elisefett.com/ 775-833-3388
Contractors Association of Truckee - http://www.ca-tt.com/ (530) 550-9999