With home values on the rise, many homeowners may be considering selling their homes. In a timely study, NAHB (National Association of Home Builders) released what home buyers are most looking for in pre-existing homes.
- Energy Efficiency. Water saving features, Energy Star-rated appliances and windows. 9/10 home buyers prefer a home with energy efficient features over a home that might cost 2%-3% less.
- Organization and Storage. Laundry rooms, linen closets in the bathrooms, walk-in pantries and storage areas in the garage all get bonus points from many home buyers.
The top features most home buyers do not want include an elevator, only a shower stall and no tub in the master bath, and high density communities or golf course living.
Continue reading the NAHB article here.
Selling Tahoe Real Estate is unique. Most of the homes I sell are 2nd home or vacation rental properties. Staging is an essential part of the selling process if you want to sell your home quickly and for the highest possible price. The longer a home sits on the market the lower it will sell for.
1. Make an Excellent First Impression. The outside must be clear of winter debris and pine needles. We often come upon a home that has pine needles and a dirty mat at the front door. It looks like no one cares about the property. Guess what.. The buyer won’t care either.
2. Have the Home Professionally Cleaned including the Windows. Many of the homes have sat for years. There are cobwebs and dirty windows. Not to mention that bathrooms of floors. Clean windows helps the buyer to enjoy the light and the beauty of Tahoe around your home.
4. Make sure all the lights blubs work! You may need to bring in extra lighting. NO one likes a dark home!
5 . Ask me to come and evaluate your home. There is no charge for this. I can give you staging ideas. I can also bring in a professional stager, in my option a excellent investment. The Stager can usually stage your home for less than it will cost you to buy all the items you need. The home must look like a Tahoe Cabin, not a home in Arizona or Napa home. It must Scream MOUNTAIN HOME!!!!
If you’ve been thinking of Tahoe Mountain Design for your cabin or Tahoe home. I recommend reading this Blog. My good friend and incredible interior designer put this together. Owning a Tahoe property is a dream of many of my clients, but once they purchase the home, they are a bit over whelmed with design ideas. Here is a great way to focus your Tahoe Mountain design.
October 30, 2011
Box 7980, Tahoe City, CA 96145 email@example.com 530-583-6076
Tahoe Mountain design can vary quite a bit. I am lucky enough to have been come great friend and business associate of an Incredible Interior Designer. Sue Pipal with Dragon Fly Design has some great ideas.
There are a variety of different Mountain Interiors.
Rustic Handmade with Polish.
Clean Modern Mountain Contemporary
European Ski Lodge
Ski Cabin Chic
Check out Sue’s blog on these ideas of the variety of Tahoe Mountain Design.
Over my many years of selling Tahoe real estate from Single Family Homes to Cabins to Lots with views. I’ve found a team of Tahoe professionals I rely on to help my clients either with remodels or new construction.
Naturally since they are part of my Tahoe team, they always give the best service to my clients, so please make sure they know you are working with me.
1. Elise Fett (775) 833-3388, firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Gary McKelvey (530) 581-0238
1. Matt Webb (530) 581-2599, email@example.com
1. Blair Wallace 916-207-3065 Blairgwallace@gmail.com
Home Owner Liaison with the TRPA
1. Jan Brisco 530 583 6882
Mountain Interior Designer
1. Sue Pipal (530) 320-2922 firstname.lastname@example.org